[dev] Category issue w/HEAD between Dec 4 23:59 GMT and Dec 5 11:59 GMT.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Dec 7 22:11:00 2002

I still don't have a solution but a better idea of when the change that
triggered the problem was submitted.

I have tried three clean head installations on different platforms with
the following significant problems.
  Trying to create a subgroup in horde administration I see the following:
    'TEST' was not created: DB Error: constraint violation.
  Tasks and notes are not created.
  Nothing Shared or dependent on categories seems to work properly.
  The "add" button does not appear in bookmarks.

The parts that I still haven't been able to figure out are:

  If you have bookmarks saved, bookmarks continues to work.
  If not you can not add any or create a new sub-category

  You can continue to use shared applications but can't
  create new ones.  I get an error like the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: haspermission() in
/usr/local/www/data/horde/mnemo/templates/view/headers.inc on line xxx

  Let me say again, if I had created a note previous to having upgraded
  on Dec. 5 or later I can still add personal and shared notes but if
  I hadn't, I can't.  Strange.

If I go back in state to December 4, 23:59 GMT, everything works with
NO problems.

If I then go update to  December 5, 11:59 GMT and later it is broken
for me as described above.

I hope someone can help me get find the problem.  I don't want to be
in a permanent state of December 4th limbo :-)

Thanks

ed