[dev] horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql question

Derek Diget derek.diget at wmich.edu
Fri Jan 10 17:13:33 PST 2003

Would it break a Horde 2.1/IMP 3.1/Turba 1.1/Kronolith 1.0/Nag 1.1/
Mnemo 1.0 installation if I used the CVS version (1.6) of
horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql to recreate the horde_prefs table?  (This
would be a shutdown Postgre/export the table/drop the table/recreate
with VARCHAR/import the export/restart Postgres.)

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql?login=2&f=&r1=0&tr1=1.3.2.3&ty=h&r2=0&tr2=1.6

If not then why not back port the VARCHAR part from v1.6 to 1.3.2.3 for
Horde v2.2?  Would make the table space structure a little more
consistent across apps. :)

Background:  We are exporting at a system admin level people's database
entries and this table is the only one using char which causes padding
issues if we want to reload the exports.