[dev] Newsfeed

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 10 19:32:07 PST 2003

Just thought I would mention this.

I was loading the HOME page (horde icon) and it was taking forever. I couldn't understand it.
Nothing in the logs except mnemo debug messages (which are normal).

I keep in my prefs some Jonah headlines on Hordes home.
And for what ever reason it's not able to read the a specific compact headline.
Well Netscape was rolling and rolling and I couldn't get anything to work in Horde.

I was stopping and starting apache. Nothing worked.

After quite a long time the home page finally appeared as well as a log error.

PHP Warning: readfile /var/jonah/html/usatodayfront-compact.html function readfile failed to create stream.
Well the files simply does not exist.  usatodayfront.html does but not usatodayfront-compact.
For whatever reason it's not updating right now.

Anyways as soon as I removed headlines from my front page all was ok.
So somewhere the time out for reading a file should be shortend.  It was REALLY long.

Cheers,
Mike