[dev] Re: [imp] whitelist patch...

René Jensen lundeman at tbkol.dk
Fri Mar 7 12:00:00 PST 2003

Citat Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> > Sorry to interrupt, but as far as i remember, all API methods are
> > available via
> > XML_RPC. How will XML_RPC act if it's getting an PEAR_Error back..??
> > can/will XML_RPC handle this correctly..??
>
> This is indeed a problem. xmlrpc knows the "struct" data type that
> should be
> the equivalent to PHP objects. Unfortunately PHP's xmlrpc extension
> doesn't
> do this but creates arrays from PHP objects.
> I didn't look at PEAR::XML_RPC so far to see if this one is better in
> supporting all PHP types.

well.. I thought soo, I didn't test it though.
I just need to return a boolean for now, but could need some other things
later. Thats why I asked.

I do think that I'll keep to booleans and arrays for now.

> > Asking as I'm about to develop some API's for my own Horde App, which
> is
> > to be
> > interfacing with a Perl script via XML_RPC to do printer accounting
> for
> > the
> > Dorm where i live.
>
> This should work pretty well. I have a Horde system doing authentication
> and user management (partly) by talking xmlrpc to a Perl based CMS. I didn't
> do the job on the Perl side (that's the nice thing if you use RPC
> protocols) but if you need any help on the PHP side or fixes for our RPC
> server/client let me know.

Thanks..  I got this working already. I don't know Perl too well either, so I
got a freind to write a perl sript which just throws all the parameters for the
accounting to my module via XML_RPC, and i can code my logic in a language I
know ;o) (I also needed the group/perms stuff from Horde, so this was an
excelent solution).

         _\|/_
         (@ @)
      René Jensen