[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde setup.php horde/lib Setup.php horde/lib/Setup cli.php

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Tue Apr 8 15:41:12 PDT 2003

> Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:
>
> > - i'd prefer the scripts/setup.php phased out entirely, since with this
> > new script i've managed to cover all its functionality and more. plus the
> > new setup.php is not simply run-and-forget type of script, but interactive
> > to the point that i want to get it to be fully menu based. and i'm trying
> > to get it to be runnable either through the CLI or the browser (minus the
> > security vulnerable parts). so i don't see it as belonging into scripts/.
>
> I think the CLI frontend does. The scheme you have right now seems to have
> an awful lot of logic and UI buried deep in the libraries; I think there
> should be a script in admin/ for the web UI and a script in scripts/ for
> CLI.
ok, it's back in the scripts/. it was too an ambitious and misguided idea
anyway.

> In the meantime, there is now quite a mess, with two different class trees
> in horde/lib and three setup.php scripts. I would really appreciate it if
> you would try to work with existing code more when you add major things
> like this; the same thing came up with lib/Tree.php, which is still out of
> sync with lib/CategoryTree.php.
i'm quite open to anyone else lending a hand merging CategoryTree with Tree to
create one simple fully featured tree rendering class. if it's creating a
problem i'll take it out and work on it myself until it's eventually done
properly.

marko