[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib/Category sql.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 5 07:32:51 PDT 2003

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
> > Quoting Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> >
> > >   Log:
> > >   It looks like DB's mysql driver uses transactions with every
> database
> > > even if it doesn't support transactions. Comment this out for now,
> > > someone else with more insight has to fix this correctly.
> >
> > I don't understand how you run into this, when I'm running MySQL and
> not
> > even using InnoDB tables. What was the problem with it?

The problem is that the current driver sets and uses the autocommit flag
uncoditionally. This results in an error in simpleQuery(), raising an error
before the actual query has been done.
This might work with newer versions, but the old one here doesn't know of
any "BEGIN" statement.

> Also, can you at least only disable it for MySQL, if you *really* have to
> disable it? There are many other databases that this should work fine
> for,
> and it's really the correct way to do this - if we don't make this
> atomic,
> we could *really* corrupt data.

I had the hope that someone else knows a better solution than simply
disabling it. If not, I'll turn it off conditionally.

Jan.