[dev] RE: [imp] Help with attachments

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Mon Jun 9 18:02:28 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 03:24:10PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> > With automated smoke tests, it adds a lot.
>
> Any interest in adding some 'automated tests' to the Horde project?
>
> I really can't see were we can achieve the desired goal of Roger, which
> I guess is to make "automatted smoke tests" which will ensure each
> build/snapshot actually works, what ever that would mean in the context
> of Horde...   For this, I think we would need non-automated smoke tests.

The automated testing system we've built here at work would blow your
mind, but it took a lot of planning and trials before it became really
useful (and not just a hindrance or source of false positives).

In any event, an automated smoke test that was primarily a collection
of per-package unit tests would be fairly useful, but that presumes we
have per-package unit tests in the first place.  Before we go down the
automated testing path, let's spend some time thinking about unit
testing our packages (e.g. the MIME code) first.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)