[dev] Releasing Horde 3.0

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jun 18 18:25:18 PDT 2003

Quoting Mike Cochrane <mike at graftonhall.co.nz>:

> If someone has some examples of how we want to package, I can start
> working on them in about a weeks time.

Great! I think we should just use (abuse) the PEAR package format - take a
look at the package.xml files in various of the lib/ directories. We should
make sure that stuff that's packaged this way is either a) completely
standalone (no Horde dependancies at all), or b) has a Horde_ prefixed
namespace (like Horde_VFS).

> Thoughts:
> Would each library have it's own version.php? Or could it be done by
> putting the
>   cvs version into a variable?
> Would version queries be done via registry or the class? eg:
>   $registry->getPackageVersion('data') or Data::getVersion()?

Hmm. We could put in Data::getVersion() type stuff if we want to handle it,
but I'd rather not do most of that stuff at runtime - check it in test.php,
check it in package dependancies, etc. The package.xml files will handle
the  specific versions, btw.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.