[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: agora forums.php agora/config html.php.dist agora/templates/forums forums.html agora/templates/threads threads.html

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jul 8 07:41:12 PDT 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> yes, "control" and "item", and whatever other classes are used as table
headers,
> none of which are intuitive to indicate what is going to be affected.
> "subheader" again is too vague - how does it fit in next to
header/smallheader?
> how about "colheader" instead, precise enough?

I think it's too precise, personally. I don't want to have specialized classes
that refer only to tables, such that if we want the same style outside a table,
it doesn't make sense *there*.

This is the difference between logical and physical markup; I'd really like our
CSS tags to follow logical markup where possible - headers, footers, etc.
Instead of being specific to certain HTML elements (tables).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.