[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: agora forums.php agora/config html.php.dist agora/templates/forums forums.html agora/templates/threads threads.html

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Tue Jul 8 09:17:02 PDT 2003

> Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:
>
> > yes, "control" and "item", and whatever other classes are used as table
> headers,
> > none of which are intuitive to indicate what is going to be affected.
> > "subheader" again is too vague - how does it fit in next to
> header/smallheader?
> > how about "colheader" instead, precise enough?
>
> I think it's too precise, personally. I don't want to have specialized
> classes
> that refer only to tables, such that if we want the same style outside a
> table,
> it doesn't make sense *there*.
>
> This is the difference between logical and physical markup; I'd really like
> our
> CSS tags to follow logical markup where possible - headers, footers, etc.
> Instead of being specific to certain HTML elements (tables).

then we should just make it header0, header1, header2? instead of smallheader,
subheader... less confusing?

essentially my gripe is about changing a class in html and finding that it
knocks out of shape a bunch of other elements which have nothing to do with
what was the initial intention and leaves some of the intended ones untouched -
eg. "i'd like to have all my table column headers look the same troughout
horde", if we fix that all column headers should use "header2", but that it
could also be used elsewhere we should fine.

marko