[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde problem.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jul 8 14:25:51 PDT 2003

Zitat von John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 07:10:40PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> % Uh, what does that have to do with the initial_page entry?
>
> Could I have modified the initial_page parameter in registry.php for the
> 'problem' entry so that email=Auth::getAuth() is appended to the URL?
> Same
> result, just a different method. Would one way be preferred over the
> other?

Ah sorry, I didn't remember that the problem.php is called this way. We used
to have this parameter for Horde only.
I don't have a strong opinion for either method but generally like to pass
as few parameters by url as possible.

> % Auth::getAuth() is already the fallback if creating an identity during
> the
> % first login btw. Of course a user might later override his address, so
> % your patch still makes sense.
>
> I wasn't seeing this in my local installation. I changed it because my
> test
> user didn't have an identity saved at first login.
>
> Looks like the default identity is created in Identity::'s constructor.
> It
> populates from_addr from the from_addr pref, whic has an empty default
> value. Should it be Auth::getAuth()?

This is hidden in Identity_imp::getFromAddress(). It's actually not
Auth::getAuth() but $imp['user'] . '@' . $imp['maildomain'].

Jan.