[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php message.php imp/lib/Identity imp.php

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Fri Jul 25 09:22:31 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:10:12AM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> > The idea is that I want to reply to all mail that is sent to a
> > @lists.horde.org mail with my Horde identity even if it is not send to
> > the from address of my Horde identity.
>
> That makes perfect sense.  But it still should use another label (like
> affinity) rather than alias.  Alias is well entrenched in e-mail
> literature as a delivery address, not a To: address.

Agreement on all counts. I do similar things with mutt; its term for "other
addresses that eventually reach me" is "alternates." Maybe "Reply Identity"
or "Use this identity when replying to" for Jan's idea?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,