[dev] PEAR_LOG_DEBUG

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Tue Nov 4 19:05:23 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:18:29AM -0500, Jason M. Felice wrote:
> On some machines, if I set the log level to PEAR_LOG_DEBUG, the php
> segfaults after running the script.  If I set it to PEAR_LOG_ALERT, it
> works.
>
> Memory_limit was set to 128M, and I'm not hitting it.
>
> login.php was segfaulting, so I inlined all the requires and deleted
> code until it stopped, which happened to be at $conf['log']['priority']
> = PEAR_LOG_DEBUG.  This seems to happen on multiple machines (Debian
> Woody, Debian Unstable, Redhat 9), all different PHP builds.
>
> I also noted that if I commented out or deleted the
> Horde::setupSessionHandler() line or the @session_start() line, it would stop,
> which should give some clues.
>
> Does this happen to everybody?

FWIW, I see similar odd things on a machine that uses SQL for session
storage. I've seen segmentation faults, memory limits being hit, and PHP
errors. Exactly what happens seems to be random with each page load. Some
page loads will even work fine, but reloading the page will cause a
segfault. This machine is PHP 4.3.3 with the latest PHP Accelerator
installed, but I haven't tried disabling it.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,