[dev] Patch for imp/lib/Maillog.php (and a question)

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:22:52 PST 2003

I noticed that the IMP_Maillog::deleteLog() method is currently a no-op.  I have
attached a patch that actually removes the history entries upon message
deletion.  It appears to do "the right thing", but not being thoroughly
familiar with the Horde_History and Category APIs, I'm not 100% certain that
this patch does all that is necessary.

That leads me to a question: are there any thoughts, advice, etc, on how to
manage the proliferation of data in the 'horde_categories' and
'horde_category_attributes' tables, caused by the history-logging mechanisms
now present in modules such as IMP and Kronolith?  I can see these tables
growing to many thousands (if not millions) of rows in fairly short order, given
a large user base (we have ~50K users).

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Gary