[dev] Weather/Metar Block

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Mon Jan 5 07:12:48 PST 2004

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Alexander Wirtz <lists at pc4p.net>:
> > and somehow I get the
> > impression, that they might go commercial with their service. I'd really
> > like to get your opinion on this matter.
>
> I doubt they will limit the service, but you never know.  I wouldn't let
> that be the deciding factor.  I'd make it depend on the other details you
> mention instead.

Whether they limit or eliminate service is a risk we take everywhere.  Look at
Intercept Vector for one.  If it happens, we deal as best we can.  It's not
like we're building the whole framework around it or something.  It's just
one block.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening