[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php imp/config prefs.php.dist imp/docs CHANGES imp/lib Compose.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Jan 21 10:11:37 PST 2004

> Cool, that was my hope! I didn't even know that an RFC existed for that
> case.

Neither did I until about a week or two ago.  Just goes to show that, even
though I've been working on this stuff for 2+ years, you still learn something
new every day.

> I still see one minor glitch with the renderer: signature dashes (like
> below) are two hyphens with a single space on a single line. This line
> seems to be joined with the following line if the text format is flowed.
> I don't think this is a problem with the sender because I see the same with
> flowed mails from other clients.

Yup - this is a special case mentioned by the RFC (2646 [4.3]) that I wasn't
handling - this should be fixed now.  Actually, it's good that this bug existed
because it made me realize that when we were wrapping our composed messages in
which a signature was automatically added that we were incorrectly nuking the
trailing space after the '--' - this too has been fixed.

michael