[dev] [patch] Ansel doesn't honour online help setting

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Sat Aug 21 09:38:21 PDT 2004

OK, here is a patchset for the Horde framework. Next to the online help en
options links I also took in the Problem link.

This is what I did:
1) Removed configuration for "User constraints" (only online help was in here)
2) In "Menu" I created three new options, "online help", "options" and
"problem". Each can have the value of "never show", "show only to
authenticated
users", "show all users". I think this is the most consistent approach.
3) In the Prefs class a new method "showLink" was added to determine if a link
should be shown
4) The portal menu was modified to honor the Options setting
5) The "Menu" class is extended with 2 new methods named "createProblem" and
"createOptions". I didn't create a "createHelp" method, because this would, I
think, create a dependency between the "Help" and "Menu" classes (don't
know if
this is wanted or not)
6) The skeleton menu.inc template was modified to acommodate the above changes
7) The "prefs" service was adapted to honor the setting for the options
link. It
  now gives a forbidden message when the "Options" link may not be shown.
8) The "Help" class was adapted to the new configuration setting for
online help

What I not yet did was:
1) Remove problem from the Horde registry (I think is t is no longer needed)
2) Adapt all Horde apps (conf.xml and menu.inc) to the new Horde settings

I will do these after I've improved the current patches based on feedback from
the list.

Cheers,
Roel.

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Roel Gloudemans <roel at gloudemans.info>:
>>
>>> OK, this is what I think that has to be done:
>>>
>>> 1) Create option in horde config and move online help option
>>> 2) Modify /horde/services/prefs.php so that guests are allowed/disallowed