[dev] Gollam selectList call

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed Oct 6 03:48:05 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 06 of October 2004 04:34, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > I miss the parameter to select/force the backend to be used for
> > selection.
>
> This most definitely *can't* be implemented like this because the calling
> function should not (and, indeed, does not) have any knowledge of the
> backends used by Gollem.  This is all self contained within Gollem, and
> other applications should not be making this decision.  We could definitely
> implement
> something in the file selection dialog that will allow the user to
> select which
> backend to use - however, I would rather get the basic functionality
> working before I start worrying about this.

Yes. I understand that we the function itself don't know about the backend
available. But probably (for future) an optional parameter "backend_key" with
the ID of the backend would be usefull, because is quiet often that an
specific VFS backend for a specific app is sused.

> Just a note on the Gollem selectList implementation - it is still a work in
> progress so don't be surprised if the API changes a bit in the next few
> days.

Of course. I just give my feedback.

Duck