[dev] New new.png for Kronolith

Derek P. Moore derekm at hackunix.org
Wed Oct 27 17:25:54 PDT 2004

> I checked out what you committed.  I don't think I like it all that much.  A
> simple plus sign might work on the other side of the date block, where
> the icon used to be.

Oh, wait...  I guess it took my browser a few minutes to refresh the CSS.  Now
the '+' is in its proper position in the top right corner.

I like the new boxes for the date # and "new event" link.

With the new boxes, the "Week #" link looks more reasonable without
parentheses,
as well.

However, the formatting of titles of entries on Mondays are a little
weird, with
the first word or two of the title starting right after the "Week #" link.

Also, the text-based plus sign doesn't seem to center in its box very well.

Another thing to try:  See how it looks with the "new event" box beneath the
date # box.  In terms of user interface usability, this would place two
useful,
related, and commonly used links more closely together (which is a
benefit with
my AccuPoint laptop mouse).  I suspect it may also look better.

I take back not liking what you committed.  It looks good.  If it's decided to
stick with the plus sign, maybe we should go with a graphical plus sign, as
that'd be easier to center in its box.

Peace out,

Derek