[dev] Tooltip problems on IE

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Oct 25 12:08:05 PDT 2005

The current tooltip implementation runs into the 'SELECT' issue on IE
(e.g. http://www.codetoad.com/forum/20_22736.asp).  As we all know by
now, my DHTML/JS/CSS coding stinks.

 From what I can figure out, a workaround is to dynamically create an
IFRAME that shares the exact dimensions of the 'toolTip' div created in
horde.js.  it seems some pseudocode that may do this is as follows:

        xxx.insertAdjacentHTML("afterEnd", '<IFRAME style="position:
absolute;z-index:4;" src="javascript:false;" frameBorder="0"
scrolling="no" id="tooltiphover_' + tooltipid + '" />');
        var tt = document.getElementById("tooltiphover");
        tt.style.top = divOb.style.top;
        tt.style.left = divOb.style.left
        tt.style.width = divOb.offsetWidth;
        tt.style.height = divOb.offsetHeight;

And then the code to hide the iframe when the tooltip is completed:

        var tt = document.getElementById("tooltiphover_" + tooltipid);
        tt.style.visibility = 'hidden';

But I can't figure out how/where to put this code into horde.js to make
it work.  Help from someone?  (i probably should create a bug report
with this info but I figured the dev@ list would provide more feedback).

michael