[dev] Horde prefs.php.dist file...

Marc Jauvin marc at r4l.com
Wed Oct 26 06:46:21 PDT 2005

I've been using horde for a while, and there's one thing that I always
find anoying: whenever you have a custom prefs.php file and the
"prefs.php.dist" file is updated, you need to manually "merge" the
changes you make to the defaults...

I was thinking, is there a way (or would it be of interest to others)
to have an "overlay" file that would override the default settings
instead?

Here's what I mean:

  - the prefs.php.dist would be renamed "prefs.php"
  - the Horde code would read that file
  - if a "prefs.php.custom" exists, the values within would override
the defaults

That way, new preferences would be used automatically, and your custom
settings would not have to be touched (unless there are big changes).

What do you guys think?

--
Marc Jauvin
http://register4less.com