[dev] Idea for new Horde_Block?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 20 02:26:32 PST 2006

Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Would there be any interest for a block that shows content based on
> http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net?
>
> I was asked to put this together for someone so they could have a page
> full of these blocks to monitor a number of different machines.  The
> information is received as XML from a phpsysinfo install on each
> monitored machine.  I've implemented it (roughly at the moment) as a
> new framework package to obtain system information with a driver to
> get the information from phpsysinfo.  Currently, it shows some basic
> load information about each machine in each block, which is all my
> client wanted.  If there's interest to include this in the project,
> I'll continue work on it (put some bar charts for disk space, load
> etc...) and put it into CVS.

Feel free to develop it in Horde's CVS, just tell us under which name.
We shouldn't distribute it with Horde by default though.
Maybe we should add a new CVS module called "blocks" where complex, or
less generic blocks could be developed, similar to the incubator
module. We could release these blocks separately then. This would also
be a first step to something I always had in mind: a public database
for themes and blocks.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/