[dev] Candidates for 1.X releases

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 2 02:52:18 PST 2006

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> _If_ that can be done, then definately.  I just switched my own installation
> over to ingo last week, so I no longer need vacation/forwards. But I'm not
> sure if all the drivers in sork can be moved to Ingo, anyone know?

Not off hand, but I think this is the ideal direction - having a
single place to control these is best for both users and developers.
It might require implementing a "composite" driver for Ingo - choosing
different backends for rules, vacation, forwards - but I don't see a
reason that's not technically possible (take work, yes).

Perhaps we should endeavor to release versions of vacation and
forwards that work with Horde 3.x stable, and once a version is
avaiable, immediately deprecate the modules and move further work into
Ingo HEAD. That gives us a road map, and doesn't leave users hanging
while we work on the integrated module.

> If we could do that, we could eliminate all of sork except passwd.  Which is
> fine with me.  But if we can't move all the functionality to ingo, then we
> need to keep sork up because there are a lot of sork users out there...

And passwd could (and perhaps should) be further integrated into Horde
itself, along the lines of the resetpassword functionality...

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships