[dev] Proposal: less mailing lists

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Nov 1 11:04:58 PST 2006

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Personally I always think turba should go with IMP, as most users
> of turba use it with IMP, and most IMP installations use turba.
> But I can see a (IMHO lesser) case for putting it with the "groupware"
> list (if we're going to really push the "groupware" package, then
> I guess it should go there, but I'm not sure how much we're going
> to push that package).

I agree about "major" apps - there's no question in my mind of
consolidating the IMP list into something else, just keeping mimp
(list deleted) and dimp (never had its own list) with it. But it's
debatable in my mind whether nag/kronolith/mnemo should even be
separate applications. So maybe turba stays for now until we decide
where it goes and kronolith/nag/mnemo becomes groupware.

But: I think it does not serve us at all to have individual lists for
scry, midas, etc - they don't get used and they just fragment the
community unnecessarily. I am a fan of granularity as well, but I
think we need to give some up in order to nurture our community.

-chuck