[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel/scripts/sql - New directory

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Nov 30 11:08:05 PST 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 19:08, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Should still be a significant speedup for images, and also for other
DataTree apps because of all of the entries that'll be removed from the DT
for Ansel users.

In general, my opinion is to move all data that is structural predicted out of
DT.

As permission. As I can see they are always serialized and only the root DT
table is used. Then they changes very rare compared  to other data. Move it
out of of DT won't be just a performance bust itself. Many databases caches
queries till a data in a table changes, so the table cache will just send us
the internally cached data. Or even better would be to cache api data
permission data in cache files to completely remove the database queries in a
normal site access operation.

Having the permission in a configurable table will allow even having the same
data for multiplay (v)hosts. For example you have a working “teachers” team
permission and an “students” domain permission on the same data but
completely different users/groups/authentications.

Duck