[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel/scripts/sql - New directory

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Nov 30 12:45:13 PST 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> In general, my opinion is to move all data that is structural
> predicted out of DT.

There's a ticket on bugs.horde.org to completely remove DataTree usage
in Horde 4. The reason I'm doing just photos for now is that galleries
are Shares, so it'll be best to just take on all shares at once for
moving them out of the datatree. Which is going to involve bc-breaking
changes, so that'll wait for Horde 4 work anyways.

> As permission. As I can see they are always serialized and only the root DT
> table is used.

That changed quite a while ago (years).

> out of of DT won't be just a performance bust itself. Many databases caches
> queries till a data in a table changes, so the table cache will just send us
> the internally cached data. Or even better would be to cache api data
> permission data in cache files to completely remove the database queries in a
> normal site access operation.
>
> Having the permission in a configurable table will allow even having the same
> data for multiplay (v)hosts. For example you have a working “teachers” team
> permission and an “students” domain permission on the same data but
> completely different users/groups/authentications.

I'm not following you here - can you elaborate/rephrase?

-chuck