[dev] Ansel question/upgrade info

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Dec 7 08:44:14 PST 2006

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> First, a question - Was the 'copy' image action taken out by
>> design?   If so, I found it very useful on the installations that I
>> use as  content managers for other non-horde websites...any chance
>> on putting  it back in?  For curiosity - why was it taken out?
>
> Copy as previously implemented was broken; it didn't copy
> attributes, for example. It was going to take some re-jiggering with
> the new code to implement it correctly, so for now I removed it. If
> there's a need for it I'm fine with bringing it back, just
> implemented right.

Ah.  If nobody else gets to it, I'll try it at some point when I get time...

> What I've seen is that some gallery default images aren't correct,

Just about all default images for me were missing/broken.

> but I haven't yet found images inside galleries that are wrong. You
> might try deleting the screen/thumb/mini size images for the ones
> that are off, and see if the full size images are right.

Yea, I thought that too, but unfortuanatly, that wasn't the case.  It
also seems like it's not just swapping two images, but just replacing
the correct image...for instance, I found the same image as the wrong
image a number of times, but have not yet found the image that should
have been there any where else.  I'm up to about 40 images now that
were broken (out of over 1000 images) but still can't find any
commanality between them all.

>> Chuck, would it be worth either prompting the user for the datatree
>>  table names or maybe just grabbing it from the $conf array in case
>>  others have seperated ansel data into a seperate datatree?
>
> If you could add something to pull the names from $conf, that sounds
> like a good improvement.

OK.

Thanks,
mike