[dev] Jonah and Tags

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Tue Jun 26 14:31:12 UTC 2007

I'm <slowly> adding tag functionality to Jonah, and wanted to get
opinions from everyone.  Personally, I don't see the need for the same
type of directory-like browsing for tags we have in Ansel to be
present in Jonah.  I feel the use of tags would be different for news
than it would be for images, or even bookmarks.

I'm thinking of just a simple interface that displayed tags at the
bottom of each article, with each tag a link that will display a list
of other articles that are tagged similarly.  Slightly easier to
implement, as well as a smaller performance footprint for the db.

...or do others feel the directory-style browsing like we have in
Ansel would be suited for Jonah as well?

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Time just hates me, that's why it made me an adult." - Josh Joplin