[dev] Jonah and Tags

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jun 26 15:54:43 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> I'm <slowly> adding tag functionality to Jonah, and wanted to get
> opinions from everyone.  Personally, I don't see the need for the
> same  type of directory-like browsing for tags we have in Ansel to
> be  present in Jonah.  I feel the use of tags would be different for
> news than it would be for images, or even bookmarks.
>
> I'm thinking of just a simple interface that displayed tags at the
> bottom of each article, with each tag a link that will display a
> list  of other articles that are tagged similarly.  Slightly easier
> to  implement, as well as a smaller performance footprint for the db.
>
> ...or do others feel the directory-style browsing like we have in
> Ansel would be suited for Jonah as well?

I guess I haven't tagged enough of my photos in Ansel to really get
the difference. What you're saying is you don't want to do the
multi-level tag browsing?

I think we definitely need to be able to show a list of tags with # of
articles, and to look at the lists of articles tagged with (whatever).

-chuck