[dev] Oscar status

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Oct 18 13:45:32 UTC 2007

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
>

>> I installed oscar on my website and after mored then 200 users
>> videos uploaded
>> without any problems. So I can say that my initial Oscar development come to
>> an end. Of course I will fix bugs and apply minor modifications as time will
>> show them but I don't plan to add any new feature for now.
>>
>> In this occasion purpose to promote a little bit more the apps in the
>> incubator and other fancy things that will come with Hrode4. As I
>> can see, on
>> the website, there is no mention of modules in incubator. The only
>> connection
>> is the link to incubator in CVS, which of course provides no direct
>> description of modules. Then on the first horde page we have only some rare
>> blogs entries, and the last news actuarially shows only the last releases
>> announcements that already have their own info blocks. I guess some
>> more info
>> of current development should be promoted. For example news about change log
>> entries and what they perform etc.
>>
>> Duck
>
> Hi Duck, first of all thanks for all of your contributions.  I haven't
> had a chance to use Oscar yet but am going to before the end of the
> day unless something catastrophic happens;)
>
> I'm wondering if this couldn't qualify Oscar for an upgrade from the
> incubator to beta status and out of the incubator?

Hi again Dick,

I added the necessary registry.php entry and configured oscar and it
seems pretty neat.  One thing that I did feel that I needed, also
sometimes en ansel, was a progress bar, that I think doesn't exist in
horde anywhere.  There is probably a reason for it that I am unaware of.

The following seem interesting:

http://php5.bluga.net/UploadProgressMeter/demo.php
http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2006/09/28/upload-progress-meter-extension-for-php-5-2.html
http://pecl.php.net/package/uploadprogress

I'm also experiencing a very long processing delay that I assume is to
convert to flv, that I would personally prefer to not use but I can
understand why you decided to.  Now my question here is if I will get
a time out or an error message if the following doesn't work or what
should I do to test?

Added: 2007-10-18 8:23
Updated: 2007-10-18 8:23
Category: Test