[dev] Oscar status

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Oct 18 13:51:47 UTC 2007

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

>> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
>>

>>> I installed oscar on my website and after mored then 200 users
>>> videos uploaded
>>> without any problems. So I can say that my initial Oscar
>>> development come to
>>> an end. Of course I will fix bugs and apply minor modifications as
>>> time will
>>> show them but I don't plan to add any new feature for now.
>>>
>>> In this occasion purpose to promote a little bit more the apps in the
>>> incubator and other fancy things that will come with Hrode4. As I
>>> can see, on
>>> the website, there is no mention of modules in incubator. The only
>>> connection
>>> is the link to incubator in CVS, which of course provides no direct
>>> description of modules. Then on the first horde page we have only some rare
>>> blogs entries, and the last news actuarially shows only the last releases
>>> announcements that already have their own info blocks. I guess some
>>> more info
>>> of current development should be promoted. For example news about
>>> change log
>>> entries and what they perform etc.
>>>
>>> Duck
>>
>> Hi Duck, first of all thanks for all of your contributions.  I haven't
>> had a chance to use Oscar yet but am going to before the end of the
>> day unless something catastrophic happens;)
>>
>> I'm wondering if this couldn't qualify Oscar for an upgrade from the
>> incubator to beta status and out of the incubator?
>
> Hi again Dick,
>
> I added the necessary registry.php entry and configured oscar and it
> seems pretty neat.  One thing that I did feel that I needed, also
> sometimes en ansel, was a progress bar, that I think doesn't exist in
> horde anywhere.  There is probably a reason for it that I am unaware of.

I believe there was a recent discussion about this on the dev list as
it related to Oscar too I believe, although I don't have the link
handy.  If I remember correctly, it's on somebody's todo list, think
it needed hooks added to Horde_Form or something...

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)