[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Duck duck at obala.net
Tue Jan 22 17:53:45 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 of January 2008 16:59:53 Michael Rubinsky wrote:
> Wouldn't we have to make assumptions about how the perms are stored?
> This would assume that perms are always stored in SQL, plus, I don't
> see how we could merge perms data with application specific data in
> the same table without giving each application it's own perms driver.
> Or am I missing the boat here on what your trying to say?

The only thing we must do is to give each application its main table, that can
be added to the application sql creation script. Permission or attributes are
not problem as driver will handle them transparently. We are not changing the
share API but creating a new driver. The only addition it will be the array
share list method, mentioned in of my previous mails.

Looking at Ansel again, attributes will go back inside shares. You can easily
use DT  (or Kolab, even I don't see how someone will like to use Kolab for
galleries) for small installation or pass to SQL for large data.

I don't know if you  took a look at my proposal (#6109), maybe not ideal but
is a big performance bust without changing any application code. It misses
only the hierarchies.

Duck