[dev] Stat module

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed Apr 9 16:05:23 UTC 2008

We often track data views. We already have a view counter in Agora, Oscar and
even demographic support in Scry. It would be nice to have central place for
storing users statistic. So a site owner can easy track visitors content
preference accounting to user age, grander, location, period etc. With this
results you can better plan in which content type you should invest,  manage
and sell target advertisement etc.

Has any body tried to work in this direction or has any ideas about ideas
about that?

My coworker, seller of advertisement for our community, asked me to prepare an
interface of a collective detailed data access reports all over the site and I
thought it should be done more generic to plug in into any desiderted modules.

The new module should provide
- track unique visits
- raw visits (optional, maybe stored in backend file)
- export data
- demographics
- advanced reports with graphs
- keep track of data owner, so owner can see stats of its own data

Duck