[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/lib IMP.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 23 16:23:33 UTC 2008

>> jan         2008-05-23 11:48:23 EDT
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     lib                  IMP.php
>>   Log:
>>   Another place where this has to work without updating the
>> configuration. Why
>>   has the "null" setting been changed from false to "none" anyway?
>>
>>   Revision  Changes    Path
>>   1.689     +5 -4      imp/lib/IMP.php
>>
>>   Chora Links:
>>   http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/lib/IMP.php?r1=1.688&r2=1.689&ty=u
>
> Why do we need this?  This configuration parameter was only added in
> HEAD, and is a required configuration option.  We shouldn't be doing
> existence checking forever more simply because someone running a RC
> release or pre-4.2 HEAD release haven't updated their configuration
> files as they are required to do.

It's our (unwritten) policy, that added configuration items are
checked for existence, at least in those parts that provide
authentication, like IMP. In this case it only caused PHP notices, but
it might as well have prohibited logging in to Horde/IMP to actually
get a chance to update the configuration.

> Also, it changed from false to 'none' because the other options now
> are 'filesystem' and 'horde_cache'.  Having the third option be null
> or an empty string isn't correct.

It still could have been boolean false, like it used to be.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/