[dev] On your October meeting

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Oct 12 20:46:59 UTC 2008

Quoting Thomas Koch <thomas at koch.ro>:

> I'm glad to read the last meeting's minutes[1] to see that things move
> forward and especially that you choosed GIT for Horde 4. Therefor I
> wanted to offer my help for the GIT setup.

Cool, thanks!

> I'm looking forward for the start of Horde 4 and would like to
> participate in the development.
> Do you already have an updated Development Process (How to add new
> features, Unit testing, Documentation) and Implementation Guidelines
> (Naming conventions, __autoload(), Style Guide) for Horde 4? Often
> people hold very strong opinions on these things... :-)

No, very little of this is finalized yet. We do have the
Horde_Autoloader library (which uses spl_autoload) for autoloading, so
that is set. There's a framework package structure, like the one used
for Argv and other new PHP 5 packages (Feed, Db, etc.). But most
things are up for discussion and exploration. My personal set of big
notes is here:

http://wiki.horde.org/ChucksHorde4Thoughts

and a list that's been accumulated by many developers is here:

http://wiki.horde.org/BCBreakingHordeIssues

I'm probably missing a few things but those are two starting points
for overall Horde 4 ideas. Discussion either on wiki documents or on
this list is quite appropriate.

-chuck