[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Oct 31 16:20:38 UTC 2008

> Any reason not to be pushing from these to the horde git repo, or to
> the hatchery? I feel like I need to read up more on git to figure
> out if we should be using branches for this sort of thing or the
> hatchery, but I do think your trees should ideally be related to the
> horde trees in some way.

1. I wasn't aware that the horde git repo was fully functional yet?
2. This is an opportunity for me to learn git.  Which also means
breaking things along the way (failed reverts, etc.)
3. For the framework stuff - I really am only tracking changes to the
MIME package since it has been completely rewritten (there are several
small changes in Horde_Imap_Client to use the new paths to MIME also).
  I need to keep grabbing other updates from CVS.  So I would have no
idea how to begin to setup a branch for just this - especially since I
thought we were going to upload everything to the main horde branch at
once?

michael