[dev] [horde] Ansel error when trying to connect to new gallery

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 11 16:58:51 UTC 2008

Quoting Bill Day <williamson.day at gmail.com>:

> Mike,
>
> First, sorry about not posting to the list.  I meant to do so, but I
> think I just reflexively hit "reply" rather than "reply to all."
> Thanks for the reminder.

No worries - I do that frequently myself :)

> Second, as I should have mentioned, I am on Ubuntu 8.10, Intrepid
> Ibex, using PHP 5.2.6-2ubuntu4 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli)
> (built: Oct 14 2008 20:06:32).  So, no, not PHP4.

Ah well, so much for the simple answer. It sounded similar...

> I did a little experimenting to see if I would get the same errors
> using HEAD rather than FRAMEWORK_3, and I had pretty much the same
> problems.  Nothing very clear in the logs.

Can you make sure you have your log level turned all the way up?
Also, be sure your checking both the web server log and the horde log.

> I guess from your comment that I should still be able to use Ansel on
> the FRAMEWORK_3 branch, although the introduction of (transition to?)
> git seems to be making things rather confusing.  I would be happy to
> stick to FRAMEWORK_3 if it meant I could still use the betas of ansel,
> etc.

Yea, Ansel 1.0 will be released as a FW_3 application.  It is actually
already branched in CVS, so if you would rather stick to FW_3 with
Horde itself, you should probably be using FW_3 checkout of Ansel as
well...at the moment both branches of Ansel are more or less equal,
but that will change in the future.

The suggestion about doing a 'var_dump' just means that in the file
the error is occurring in, on the line before the line number
mentioned in the error message, you should type:

var_dump($gallery);

then post the results to the list and we can go from there.  Also, not
to state the obvious, but I'm assuming that you created the ansel
database tables with the sql scripts in ansel/scripts/sql?

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)