[dev] IMP git feedback

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jan 15 05:16:00 UTC 2009

Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I don't known if you're looking for feedback on IMP git or is it just
> too early to start testing it, but here it comes.

Never too early.  In fact it is desired at this point.

> First, for bugs that we ran into, is it best to file a bug on
> bugs.horde.org or send an email to a mailing list ?

Either/or.  At this point, I don't see the need to have tens of bugs
on simple 'undefined error' warnings, but it is also easier to keep
track of things on bugs.horde.org.

> ACLs : "Share Folders" is not showing in user's options screen.
> Shared folders seems to be working as expected (read/move/copy).

Since I don't have access to ACLs currently, I haven't really tested
that code.  So reports that it isn't working are probably correct.

> I get the following errors in apache's log file :
> PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in
> /usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2546, referer:
> http://192.168.1.22/horde/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX.Trash&page=173
> PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in
> /usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2546, referer:
> http://192.168.1.22/horde/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX.Trash&page=173

You might have to put in some debug statements to figure out what
$data is on that line.  I don't see this myself.

> If I set pref 'use_trash' to 1 in prefs.php, I get a fatal error :
> Notice: Undefined variable: imp_imap in
> /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 614
> Fatal error: Call to a member function isReadOnly() on a non-object in
> /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 614

I don't see this.

> From the login screen, if I select mode 'dynamic', I get the Horde
> nav bar (frame horde_menu) as if I was logged in using mode
> 'traditional'. clicking on Mail display DIMP in frame horde_main

For now, you need to turn off sidebar in horde's prefs.php.  I don't
think all the details on sidebar has been decided for Horde 4 yet.

michael