[dev] ActiveSync with Nokia MfE - Strange Problem in Horde_Auth_Base

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Thu May 27 17:13:23 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-27 17:39, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

>> But they don't reach the phone. After some time I get:
>>
>> INFO: [IMEI353659010206569] Exported maxItems of messages: 50 - more
>> available.
>>
>> and
>>
>> DEBUG: [IMEI353659010206569] Saving state for synckey
>> {ca4c73ee-1253-47c5-95ba-89c8d4a26f94}2
>>
>> and the last line in log is:
>>
>> INFO: User user logged off
>
> These are all normal and expected responses. Devices can limit the
> number of contacts ("messages" in AS speak), that are allowed to be sent
> in a single session. Horde keeps track of the messages that have yet to
> be sent and sends them during the subsequent SYNC requests. You can
> verify that *this* part is at least working by looking at the
> horde_activesync_state table, in the 'data' field. That should contain
> the data for the 'missing' contacts.

In the Data-Field are a lot of message-ids - did'nt count them, but
there are a lot more than 50 - perhaps all 397.

> It could be that a php error has made it to the wbxml stream, or that
> the device doesn't properly support the 'moreavailable' tag or..? I
> would check the server error log for any errors - and a network trace in
> this case would probably be helpful.

Hmmm - I've tcpdump on the machine. Would a tcpdump-trace helpful as
well? AFAIK wireshark can read tcpdump output as well...

>> On the Phone I get an error-Message (translated from German, so might
>> differ on english mobiles): Syncing with server not possible. Please
>> try later.

OK, did a full reset of the phone, upgraded to latest firmware and
switched to english language. The Error Message on the phone is "Unable
to synchronize with server. Try again later."

In a MfE FAQ-Document
(http://www.appgate.com/index/support/qa/MailForExchange-FAQ.pdf) I
found how to get at least some logs from MfE.

In this log I get a "Failed to decode XML document" entry, but so far I
did'nt figure out WHY it failed...

regards
Lukas

--