[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 81614b2ef11c86926e2f94d9eb723e683923e05e

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 2 16:35:13 UTC 2010

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> e300950 Removed Krb5 auth driver
>>
>> Please mention this in CHANGES.
>
> I thought I added something to UPGRADING(?).
>
> And for these framework changes - should we be adding this to
> horde's CHANGES file?  Because now that we are really separating
> framework stuff from application stuff, this isn't a change in horde
> (although I can see the argument for it being a change in horde...
> namely that I removed the driver from the config file).

We are probably still building release tarballs which contain the
framework, so we should track changes in horde's CHANGES too, unless:

> I could see us instead, at build time, having an automated script to
> grab list of all the changes to the various framework libraries
> needed for a release and showing all changes in a single file.

This is probably more work, because we 1) have to track the library
versions that we bundled with the last Horde release and collect all
changes from all releases since then, and 2) changelog descriptions
often only make sense in their context, so we either end up mentioning
the library in the library's changelog entries (duplication) or have
generic changelog entries in horde which don't make any sense (loss of
context).

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/