[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 58ef1ae895b31312073ba91b81ad1b3dfc88c02f

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Sep 9 18:14:49 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> commit 58ef1ae895b31312073ba91b81ad1b3dfc88c02f
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Thu Sep 8 22:43:50 2011 -0600
>>
>>    Revert "Don't dim the popdown arrow."
>>
>>    This reverts commit 11edc61ae65d4ac47d683ead01ff4dd5cdbae405.
>>
>>    Not sure why this was committed; without it, there is no visual
>>    representation when hovering over the dropdown image.
>
> And why would that be necessary? The idea was to make the arrow more
> visible, because in dimmed mode, the contrast to the background is
> really low, at least in the Silver theme. This could be one of the
> reasons why it was missed easily. And the hover effect isn't really
> necessary, especially since we still have it for the actual button.
> It's just eye-candy.

Without it, I had no representation that the drop-down button did
anything.  Quite honestly, I thought the button was broken yesterday
when I updated.

Not that it is determinative, but pretty much every other UI i have
looked at has some kind of hover-effect on a popdown arrow like this.
So just like the original buttons: the theory is correct, it's just
the graphical representation that may need further tweaking.

michael