[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 6677f9b793336bada6a7d512c55ad480dbc68a82

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 23 20:13:25 UTC 2012

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> 6677f9b IE6 has been deprecated for more than a year now
>>
>> That's worth entries in changelogs and UPGRADING. And Yay!
>
> I was going to hold off on this because after committing I thought
> of another way to do this kind of checking.  And for more than just
> IE6.
>
> The idea: have a Horde login task that checks browser compatibility
> (for all browsers) and gives the users the opportunity to change the
> current view to minimal or proceed at their own risk.  (We can't do
> this on the login page since an installation may have a custom login
> page).
>
> Thoughts?  And do we want to generate a list of supported browsers.
>
> Off the top of my head, this seems appropriate (it ensures that, at
> a minimum, prototypejs will work):
>
> IE 7+
> Firefox 2+ (or maybe 3+?)
> Safari 3+
> Opera 9.50+
> Chrome 1+

But that's what we already do when using the Automatic mode, which is
the default. It sounds overhead (and annoying) to me, to ask the user:
are you really sure you want to use this mode? If they explicitly pick
a mode that's not supported by their brower, by all means, let them do
that.

I don't know off-hand whether this check is still active, but we even
already fall back to traditional mode if using the dynamic views with
unsupported browsers.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project