[dev] gmail-style keyboard shortcuts in IMP?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Nov 27 06:03:20 UTC 2012

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> With the new UI, has there been any discussion of gmail-style
>> keyboard shortcuts in IMP? I'm finding that I love the new UI, but
>> with the dynamic view I miss a bunch of keyboard shortcuts there
>> used to be. The gmail/vim/github style shortcuts seem pretty widely
>> adopted now.
>
> Which ones are you missing?  I don't believe we removed any
> shortcuts from IMP 5.

Nothing that I'd expect works for new message (control-c, control-n),
reply (control-r), etc. New message is the one I miss the most.

> Which Gmail shortcuts are you talking about?  All of these?
>
> http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6594
>
> That seems to be a lot to implement & maintain for very little
> benefit.  Unless you are talking about some certain subset.

I think a subset would be fine:

c - compose
j/k - prev/next (this is relatively standard on many sites now and
should imo be standard across horde)
r - reply
a - reply all
f - forward