[dev] Horde_Rpc with large data

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Feb 16 21:40:29 UTC 2017

On 16.02.2017 17:10, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I had some use cases where Horde_Rpc sent or received large data. It
>> seems there is some hard limit in xmlrpc around 8-9 mb of xml data
>> where it simply fails.
>
> Can you provide more detail about this? I.e., any idea what exactly is
> failing, or where? What exactly happens when it fails?

The request yields an empty/false value. I toyed with the underlying
functions and it seems xmlrpc_decode is to blame here. If the xml is
larger than 10 MB (Payload data like 8-9 MB) it breaks. I did not find
any way to tweek the function's behavior.

request('xmlrpc', ...) works until like 10 MB
request('jsonrpc', ...) works until any practical limit.

I didn't check soap.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer