[doc] Re: Documentation reccomendations

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:52:25 -0000

> Once we decide what to start with, then I think someone should start
> converting to (and, in reality, writing new) DocBook.  That might be me,
> if I continue to have time to work on Horde/IMP issues, or are there
> others interested?

Me.  I'm going to put Chora into the docs repository.  If you need
infrastructure help, I'll _definitely_ help you there as well (I'm pretty
familiar with the whole painful docbook/dsssl/xml/xsl pipeline).  Just
updating my laptop right now - going travelling for a month, so I'll need to
do this on the move, but at least I'll have the time from hotel rooms and
planes to actually do it ;-)

> (And I'd love to hear what others think about generating a flat text-file
> INSTALL file from DocBook, as one of the output types?)

Normally, this is done with a 'lynx -dump', and tweaking the output format
afterwards.  Hmm, I'm having a think about the whole structure at the moment
actually.

I'll take another look at the repository and lay out my thoughts properly in
another mail soon.

Anil

From: lordscarlet@idledreams.net