[doc] Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Nov 13 12:45:51 PST 2003

Quoting Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:

> I can make some time to start doing the work, but I think we need to
> come up with some sort of plan first.

Details... ;)

> Are we aiming for creating something along the lines of a full
> developers' manual (like the PHP project offers) or a collection of
> reference documents?

We have 3 targets here, I think:

- Installation/sysadmin guide
- User guide
- Developer's docs

Most of the files in docs/ would ball under the sysadmin guide. My feeling is
that we should put the sysadmin docs and the user manual (which we currently
have in docbook, and I think there are advantages to keeping it that way, but I
don't do the work on it, so I can be convinced) on www.horde.org. The dev
documentation should go on dev.horde.org.

I would like dev.horde.org to eventually be a full developer's manual and
reference, including reference documents for all packages, examples, etc.

> Do we want to convert the rest (no pun intended) of our docs/ files to
> reST so that we can make pretty versions of those documents available
> on the web site (such as an online version of, e.g., IMP's INSTALL
> document)?

I think that'd be great.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe