[giapeto] Giapeto, FastTemplate, Horde, etc.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Oct 8 08:56:36 PDT 2003

Quoting Kyrian <kyrian-list at orenet.co.uk>:

> I'm wondering if its planned for Giapeto to be able to perform the
> functionality of FastTemplate or similar, as well as be compatible with
> the Horde components (even if that's only on a per-content-cell basis,
> ie. only variable parsing, OR PHP code parsing)? Hence solving this
> client's problems. Also, I think I would find it very useful myself;)

Actually, Giapeto uses Horde_Template, which doesn't parse PHP code. It's mostly
based on bTemplate, and should meet your needs.

> Also, as a result of the above, I may be able to find a significant
> amount of time and perhaps other resources to Giapeto development, if
> needed (discussion of that can be taken off this -archived- list
> though).

That'd be great! Anything that shouldn't be public/archived can be sent to
core at horde.org, but please try and keep as much as possible on either this list
or dev at lists.horde.org.

> If I'm in error with any assumptions here, do please correct me, and
> indeed, if there are any stopgap solutions that might be useable to
> my client until Giapeto reaches a first release, I'd appreciate info on
> those too.

If there's anything you need aside from a different template solution, it'd be
useful to hear it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>