[gollem] assigning seperate values to vfsroot and "home"

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Tue Dec 10 11:22:13 PST 2002

I was wondering if there was an easy way to set the vfsroot and what
gollem uses for "home" to separate things.  Here's the deal...  I want the
root to be

    /afs/umich.edu

but I want "home" to be

    /afs/umich.edu/user/u/s/username

We want users to be able to enter any of the directories under
/afs/umich.edu - as there are group directories for classes and student
organizations (and as the webserver will be traversing the filesystem
w/user credentials, they won't be able to go into directories they're not
permitted to).  I saw that I could change the definition of the "home"
button in templates/menu/menu.inc, but that's not really how I'd like to
handle this.

Any suggestions or pointers?

Liam