[gollem] Multiple Group related Samba backends

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Wed Jun 7 20:28:03 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 17:13 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Murray Trainer <mtrainer at central-data.net>:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Our LDAP users home Samba shares are accessible via Gollem - that works
> > fine.  We also have some group Samba shares that only members of the
> > LDAP group can access.  I have setup Horde to access groups via LDAP and
> > that works fine.  I have setup a smb backend for one of the group Samba
> > shares and only members of the group can access it.  That's all great
> > but we don't want anyone who is not a member of the group to even see
> > the name of the share.  Any ideas how to achieve this?
>
> require_once 'Horde/Group.php';
> $groups = &Group::singleton();
> if ($groups->userIsInGroup(Auth::getAuth(), $group_dn)) {
>      // Put share definition for $group_dn here.
> }
>
> (untested)
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan,

The above works great - very much appreciated.  A minor issue is that
the Login button appears when you click on File Manager despite the
authentication being automatic.  Do I have to make one share the default
or something?

We may have many group shares in the future so it may become a pain to
have to add a Gollem backend for every new share group.  In our setup
each share name eg. staff corresponds to an LDAP share group eg.
share_staff.  Is it possible to parse out the groups that match share_*
from the user's list of groups and create a loop that automatically
generates the backend for each one they are a member of?

Thanks

Murray