[gollem] Simple smb configuration

Andy Rowe andy at smila.net
Tue Sep 3 11:19:15 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: gollem-bounces at lists.horde.org on behalf of Arjen de Korte
Sent: Tue 9/3/2013 6:42 AM
To: gollem at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [gollem] Simple smb configuration

Citeren Andy Rowe <andy at smila.net>:

> I'm sorry but I don't understand. Are you saying that what I did
> wrong was edit the backends.php file? Can anyone please explain to
> me how to make this work?

Did you actually read the header of this file? It is there quite prominently:

#head horde/gollem/config/backends.php

<?php
/**
  * This file specifies which backends people using your installation can log
  * in to.
  *
  * IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
  * Local overrides MUST be placed in backends.local.php or backends.d/.
  * If the 'vhosts' setting has been enabled in Horde's configuration, you can
  * use backends-servername.php.
  *

You'll want to read the remainder of this header too, before creating
horde/gollem/config/backends.local.php.

I'm very sorry for not understanding this application very well. I'm also very sorry for top posting as I'm still learning how to use this mail list. Yes, I have read the header and the entire file over and over and I've tried leaving the original backends.php file unaltered and using a backends.local.php file instead. I've tried a number of different things in all the setting that seem relevant and yet I cannot get past the log in screen. The header in the backends.php file states:
 * Example configuration file that enables the Samba backend in favor of the
 * FTP backend and sets a server name for the Samba server:
And yet it does not explain where the code example below this statement should go or in what file.